While its stucco façade is a departure from the style, the Heimbach house is an excellent intact example of Colonial Revival design, popular in the 1920s. Clyde Heimbach came to Duluth in 1913 to manage the McDougall Ship Building Company before moving on to become president of the American Paint Corporation. Lifelong Duluth resident and self-employed architect Arthur Hanford designed the house, one of only two of his known works found in the city’s East End.
2517 E. 2nd St.
Clyde & Grace Heimbach Residence