George & Marion Stone Residence

Placeholder

2228 E. Superior St.

The Stone’s large Renaissance Revival-style house features a red tile roof and a half tower on the front wall. George Stone was secretary of Clyde Iron Works and treasurer for the F.A. Patrick Company. In 1917 the home was sold to John Savage whose family occupied it until 1934. From 1947 to 1977 the house served as a museum and offices for the St. Louis County Historical Society. It is once again a single family residence.

A large, elegant brick mansion with steep gabled roofs, arched windows, and intricate stone detailing, seen on a sunny day. The building is surrounded by manicured bushes and a stone balustrade.
Photo from article: http://www.thehistorypeople.org/history.asp

Property Details



A large, two-story yellow brick house with a red-tiled roof, white trim, and a covered porch. The front yard has shrubs and trees, and a driveway leads to a garage in the back.
1907  Carl Nystrom, William T. Bray

Charles & Ina Duncan Residence

2215 E. 2nd St.

A large, elegant, beige mansion with tall columns, green-tiled roof, and stone steps leading to the entrance, flanked by two white lion statues and surrounded by leafless trees and landscaped bushes.
1906  Frederick Kees, Zerenus Colbern

Joseph Bell & Louise Cotton Residence

2309 E. 1st St.

A two-story brick building with a triangular roof
1894

J. C. Schobes Bakery and Confectionery

25 W. Superior St.