Historic preservation (US), heritage preservation or heritage conservation (UK), is an endeavor that seeks to preserve, conserve and protect buildings, objects, landscapes or other artifacts of historical significance. It tends to refer specifically to the preservation of the built environment, and not the preservation of, for example, primeval forests or wilderness.
Duluth Preservation Alliance Criteria for Awards.
Duluth Centennial Homes Recognition Program Application Form.
Preservation in Duluth
The Duluth Preservation Alliance has provided support for these vital area projects:
- Glensheen Mansion – Tour Duluth’s Rich History, Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Old Central Clock Tower – The Duluth Landmark, Central Hillside
- Sacred Heart Music Center – A Renovated Cathedral, Constructed in 1896
- St. Mark’s Church – 530 North 5th Avenue East
- Bridge Dance – Multi-Colored Pagentry, Atop the Aerial Lift Bridge
- Zenith City of the North Study – Concrete Facts and Figures for Duluth to Use
- NorShor Theatre Renovation – Financial support for restoration (visit website)