When Frederick Perkins designed this exemplary brick-and-stone English Revival home for the Williams’ family he included a circular drive way that parallels the northwest face of the house’s concave curved façade. Mr. Williams was an attorney, but the house’s claim to fame is that it became known as the “Sinclair […]Read More
Architect: Frederick Perkins
2431 E. 1st St.
Its white stucco façade capped with a red tile shingled roof identifies the Bagley’s two-story home as unmistakably Spanish-Colonial architecture. Bagley was a well-known retailer in Duluth who bought out his employer, F. D. Day & Co. Jewelers, in 1900 and turned the company into Bagley Jewelers, which still serves […]Read More
2425 E. 1st St.
Prominent Chicago and Boston architect Frederick Perkins turned to the Beaux Arts/Classic Revival style to inspire his look for the French House, one of six residences he designed for Duluth. French was president of the French & Bassett Furniture Company, first established in 1884. Many East End homes, including the […]Read More
2400 E. Superior St.
Duluth’s steep landscape hides the first floor of this two-story English Tudor Revival style house, built for Alex Hartman, president of Duluth Edison Electric Company, and his wife Katherine. The house was later remodeled by its current owner, the Duluth Woman’s Club. The Club’s roots date back to 1889, but […]Read More